200+/60,000 active (250,000+ client base)
Program (Budget: $4M)
- Project Managment
- Solution Architecture
- Business Analysis / Functional Design
- Software Development
- Database and infrastructure services
This global university provides students with the ability to study across single subjects or degrees at universities across Australia.
Historically, the sole provider in the open access education market, has experienced major disruption to their business model with the introduction of an Australia-wide demand-based higher education system.
Project Alchemy is one of many initiatives that seek to make it more competitive in an increasingly crowded market. Its ambitious scope includes the re implementation of their website, CRM system, Student Management Systems, and Catalogue Management system; providing the student with an unparalleled user experience, whilst delivering state of the art marketing and CRM data.
Cloud9 was engaged to modernise and deploy the core Student Management System (SMS) which OUA uses to source, enroll, manage and engage all of its students. The task required significant technology upgrades and business process enhancements that met the needs of a diverse and unique stakeholder environment.
In a complex, multi-vendor environment, Cloud9’s focus was:
- Architect an approach for the implementation of Campus 9.2
- Deploy the PeopleSoft infrastructure on Linux in the AWS cloud
- Implement the required functionality as documented through user stories
- Work with SMEs to automate and embed detailed business rules
- Ensure adherence to government reporting and compliance requirements, including unique requirements
- Implementextensive integration from a Campus and government reporting perspective.
Cloud9 completed the business-critical Campus systems re-implementation within the 6 month timeline dictated by their business cycle, including a full data conversion from Campus 8.9.
The team created a world-first instance of Peoplesoft Campus 9.2 running on Linux within AWS, which facilitated elimination of almost all customisations, the simplification of maintenance and currency, a significant reduction of operational maintenance costs, and a straightforward compliance with legislative requirements.
Cloud9provided critical dataarchitecture serviceswhich defined the required data footprint across the program and underpinned the success of the web and CRM components.